Richard is Senior procurement professional with over 20 years’ experience in global sourcing and strategy development. He has a track record of building successful procurement teams in automotive, transport and hydraulic industries.
Educated as an Engineer, he hold a Batchelor of Engineering degree and an Executive MBA in Management.
In 2015, he started his own business providing purchasing training to large multi-national companies and business consulting to medium sized, family owned manufacturers.
With a strong emphasis on leveraging his engineering experience, procurement acumen and professional network, he has developed a “Metal Procurement Hub” to promote medium sized, family owned Metal manufacturing companies to a diverse customer base.
Main areas of expertise:
1. Procurement consultancy
2. Training facilitator (negotiation techniques, TCO…)
3. Business development support for Metal suppliers
Consultancy and training areas of expertise:
· Business portfolio growth
· Advanced Negotiation techniques
· Cost modelling and Total Cost of Ownership
· Purchasing category strategy
· Optimisation of Purchasing organisations
· Purchasing best practices (audit, business award process, KPI’s)
· Coaching / Leadership
· SRM (supplier relationship management)
· Sustainable procurement initiatives & Risk management